Silly Laws Around The World
Here are some of the funniest laws that can only be meant 'by fools for fools' because surely wise and people in right mind won't think of making such laws, let alone having the need to put them down as such in their legal books:
- Different states of the United States have some unique yet foolish and eccentric laws of their own. In Alabama, putting salt on a railroad track may be punishable by death and keeping an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time is a crime. A law in Fairbanks, Alaska does not allow moose to have sex on city streets. In Alaska, you may hunt a bear safely but it is illegal to wake a bear and take a picture for photo opportunities.
- In Arizona, US, donkeys cannot sleep in bathtubs and you may be imprisoned for 25 years for cutting down a cactus. In Arkansas, schoolteachers who bob their hair are not eligible for a raise and it is illegal to buy or sell blue light bulbs. In Baldwin Park, California, nobody is allowed to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool while in Los Angeles, a man can legally beat his wife with a leather belt or strap, but the belt can't be wider than 2 inches, unless he has his wife's consent to beat her with a wider strap. Consent should be given prior to the event, as is carefully stipulated.
- In Philippines, cars whose license plates end with a 1 or 2 are not allowed on the roads on Monday, 3 or 4 on Tuesday, 5 or 6 on Wednesday, 7 or 8 on Thursday, and 9 or 0 on Friday from 7:00 AM onwards to keep roads free of traffic jams.
- In Singapore, it is illegal to come within 50 meters of a pedestrian crossing marker on any street.
- In South Korea, traffic policemen are required to report all bribes that they receive from motorists.
- In Sweden, prostitution is legal but it is illegal to use the services of a prostitute.
- In Switzerland, it is illegal to flush the toilet after 10 PM.
- In Thailand, it is illegal to leave your house without wearing underwear.
|we laugh, but it's a fact!!!|